Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Grateful thing #5

Things learned through trials

Our trials are given to us to learn and grow.  We all have our fair share.  Though many times I have felt I was getting my unfair share of trials, we each are given what we need to return to our Heavenly Father. Some of our trials are because of our own ignorance or choices, some of them come out of circumstances beyond our control and some trials come because others are unkind or disobedient to the commandments of God. I know God loves each of his children and wants us to return to live with him.  I wrote this acrostic poem in a meeting last weekend.  I have never claimed to be a writer.  But here is my weak attempt at  a poem

Testimony Strengthened
Relationship with our Savior
Individual
Atonement of our Savior for our Benefit with
Loving arms of our Father in Heaven and our Savior

1 comment:

Kami said...

Thanks for your post on my blog. I am so sorry to hear that you lost your son in July. It is a tough road to travel. You are so lucky to have the gospel in your life to keep you strong and for the knowledge of eternal families. That is sometimes the only thing that keeps me going when I am missing my little boy.